Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Introductions

Hey folks,

I'm a GM, or Game Master for all you that aren't into tabletop RPGs. In other words, I run role playing game groups when given the chance.

My game of choice is GURPS, arguably the most awesome RPG ever.

I do like to play on occasion, but I prefer to tell a story rather than take part in one. Just a preference. When I do play, I tend to play very strange characters, such as a sentient golem in a fantasy setting or a guy with multiple personalities and the ability to turn into many different super heros and super villans. I love playing the seemingly-dumb fighter who turns out to be quite clever.

Anyway, you're probably wondering why this blog is called Islands of War. It's the name of a campaign setting I'm working on. You can find it here. There's some interesting stuff there. This is just the blog to accompany the wiki.

The main purpose of this blog is to give me a place to write down the often-random ideas I have so they don't get lost. It'll also give me a place to write about the strange things that frustrate me about being a GM and how I deal with them.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. I know I usually do.

No comments: